Monday, September 13, 2010

Done

The Black Dog Ride 2010 is over and I am home. It was so great to see P and H at the airport. I missed them alot. I cant possibly put into words what the ride was like and what it meant to me. Hopefully you have a feel for it from the posts I made from my phone as I went.

On the surface the ride was a great success and I think the original premise of raising awareness of Depression and Bi-Polar has well and truly been achieved at many different levels. While modest, it is certainly the start of something bigger and the Black Dog Institute I am sure is happy with the outcome both financially and PR wise. The ride has raised over $60k in cash.

Personally, the time on the road was a golden time. Time on my own, meeting people with so many things in common and riding and talking bikes. The people I met have been very sharing of their own very personal experiences and that was special. Hearing all these stories makes it more tangible as well as illustrated how important it is to talk to others about Depression. 

I have met met some great blokes I will defiantly keep in touch with and hopefully the odd ride will be involved!

For those who have supported me in so many ways and in particular those following my blog posts I will add photos and fill in some blanks over the next few weeks. The main lessons I learnt, I need to work out how best to share. I will add some posts on these lessons.

What ever happens this is an experience I shall never forget.

Give the Black Dog a Pat!
N



5 comments:

  1. Congrats Nathe Welcome Home. I cant wait to hear about this in more detail and see the ALL the pics!! Tony Pizza

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done nathe!! love the pics, you look like the black stig from top gear in your last pic. i guess you'll be walking like a cowboy for a few more days! Jon Santos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratts nathe, not only for finishing with buster, raising a packet for a great casue but for taking the trip and putting it all out there! Looking forward to a coldie and the rest of the adventure.
    +1 to the black stig haha
    Colin Egert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man - next year it is me! - nice pics - nice story - nice touch to photo the man down. Bastardo! Maarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a pleasure meeting, and riding with you Nathan. I miss you out here in Mt Isa tonight. We rode 1175kms in the last two days with plenty more ahead of us, but look forward to catching up back in Sydney!

    Glad you're home with your family - bring on the slide night!

    Cheers
    Tony
    http://bit.ly/TonyBlackDogRide

    ReplyDelete