Saturday, September 18, 2010

Buster is back!

After a week in the back of a truck covering 3,500km, Buster is home! Catching the train to work was nice for the first couple of days but then I missed riding. Its something about a few minutes each day with 100% focus on riding without an artificial environment in the shell of a car or train.

The sights, sounds and smells I experience while riding really refresh me each day. The problem is getting to my destination still wanting to ride further!

Buster was very dirty from the last couple of legs out to Glen Helen from Alice Springs. Poor Buster.

I gave buster a bath and washed away the red dust. At first it was a little distressing as with several wipes of the wash cloth uncovered a scratch, chip or other flaw inflicted on the trip. After a while I realised that these little scars were simply a lasting reminder of the wonderful experience that was The Black Dog Ride for 2010.They add character to Buster and I hope that in the future I will look at these little marks and reminisce on the ride and all the experiences I shared with my new friends.







It was also a little emotional stripping off the Black Dog Ride stickers I had on the bike. It really marked the end of this Journey. Happy memories and I cant wait for the next one!

Moving into the future with a clean and shiny Buster to take to the road and get the "mood cacoon" when I stick my helmet on back into my daily routine. Thanks to my trusty steed Buster for taking me on  such a wonderful ride and bringing me home safely. I look forward to many more trips together.

1 comment:

  1. Great to have met you along the journey, Nathe! Good to know Buster is home safe and sound AND all nice and clean. I am getting jibes from the others over my desire to keep my bike clean-ish!

    And yes, scratches, nicks, dings, are all part of the character - just like skinned knees and band-aids!

    ReplyDelete